Sunday, March 13, 2011

Welcome

To you, our audience, filled with family, friends, acquaintances, those whose children who are also type cast, or those who stopped by just for a quick peek…I say welcome. No purpose to this blog but to just tell you how it is.  Our life is not simple.  It is a production. The stories you will hear will encompass the many movie genres from action packed, to comedy, to drama, to love stories, thrillers and even some unfortunate war stories.

All my life, I couldn’t wait to be a mother. The day I gave birth, changed my life forever. That day, yes, I became a mother, but was given many other roles that I just was not prepared for. I became a nurse, a teacher, a researcher, a therapist, a psychoanalyst, a chauffeur, a cook, an improviser, a researcher, an investigator, a personal assistant, a stylist, a record keeper, and a term that makes me cringe to say, but yes, a stage mom. The definition from Wikipedia that I embrace is “official manager of her child…-representing her child in negotiations for the professional services for her child.” However, I will own up to the other definition provided by the same site that stating it can be a “negative connotation, suggesting that the individual is prone to obnoxiously demanding special treatment for her child…”   But, darn it, If I don’t, WHO will?

Deep in my soul, though….I Just Wanna Be Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment