Friday, March 18, 2011

That's Amore

When I asked my husband what he wanted for his birthday this year, he said, “I just want to have a nice dinner with the people who I love and who love me.” That seemed easy enough… Dinner, family, friends…So, of course, a dinner party it would be.

Usually we have birthday parties in our home. It’s easier for our son. No waiting. No meltdowns…and, certainly, less anxiety for all, (including me!). But this time, we are going to a restaurant.  I’ve been worried and anxiously praying that everything will be just the way my husband wants and he deserves.

He tells me, “It doesn’t matter, everything will be okay.”

When a husband reassures his wife
…That’s Amore.


When a dad doesn’t care if we celebrate his birthday a day sooner because he wants his son to be able to attend a birthday party HE was invited to,
…That’s  Amore.
When a dad sacrifices jobs to spend more time with his family,
…That’s Amore
When a dad will let his son watch
Sesame Street
all day long on HIS big screen T.V.,
…That’s Amore.
When a dad does his share of the transporting, parenting and taking the kids to appointments,
…That’s Amore.
When a dad takes his youngest son to buy his first bicycle,
…That’s Amore.  
When a dad uses his vacation time to share the responsibility of staying home when his son is off from school,
….That’s Amore
When a dad would give up going to his favorite Steakhouse for his birthday, and  get pizza and spaghetti instead,
….That’s Amore

So no matter how it turns out, my husband will be surrounded by those who love him the most because,
…That’s Amore !
So, Today we celebrate you, Devoted Dad.
Happy Birthday !

No comments:

Post a Comment