Friday, November 25, 2011

Muppet Movie Realease: Wednesday, November 23rd 2011




Ah….the Muppets. Yep, I remember them quite well. I watched them every Sunday night back in the mid 70’s.

So, yes, it is quite nostalgic that my nine year old enjoys those furry puppets. However, never would I have imagined that nearly 35 years later, that variety show would filter back into my life in such an amazing way.

Sesame Street characters have consumed our household ever since my son was little.  However, in desperation to break the “sameness” we sneak in a Fraggle Rock or Muppet video here and there.  Amazingly, he likes them...furry puppets singing and dancing…it is all good. 

With the Muppet movie just being released, I thought, "Why not take the family to the movies tonight?  What a way to start off our Thanksgiving break with the entire family together enjoying a family movie!"
Then,  the wheels in my head came to a screeching halt...
um,WHOA…W A I T A  M I N U T E !!!!
W H A T A M I T H I N K I N G!!!
How quickly I forgot about our last disastrous attempt to go to the movies as a family. 
(If you don’t remember you can read it here .)

No comments:

Post a Comment