Monday, May 2, 2011

Regrets Only

When I finally give in and allow myself to take a break,
that is when it happens.

Right when I feel comfortable about my decision to leave him,
that is when it happens.

No matter how much I have been reassured,
that is when it happens.

Right when I have the peace of mind to relax,
that is when it happens.

When the laughter and contentment come,
that is when it happens.

His lack of communication leads to frustration. His frustration leads to agitation. His agitation leads to aggression: hitting, biting, throwing and crying. His violent actions ensue, and I am not there to intercede. 

When this happens,
my laughter and contentment leave,

When this happens,
my peace of mind to relax disappears,

When this happens,
my reassurance is nonexistent,

When this happens,
I feel uncomfortable to ever leave him with someone again,

When this happens,
The guilt sets in.

Thank you for your kind gesture. Please take no personal offense.
RSVP: Regret only….AGAIN.

For those who are so close to us and have had the bravery to give us respite, I say thank you and I am sorry for any repercussions~he really does love you, and so do I !

2 comments:

  1. You express your feelings so well. You are selfless and amazing. Emerson feels your love always.
    Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I am so sorry....just so sorry....sometimes those are the only words that I have....just know you are not alone....

    ReplyDelete